Great Yukon Summer (Freeze!) Listings and Packages
The Yukoner Travel Rebate Program encourages Yukoners to experience packaged tourism experiences in their own backyard. It is for Yukoners by Yukon tourism businesses. Yukoners will receive a 25% rebate on purchases of packaged tourism experiences exclusively listed on greatyukonsummer.ca.
Online Listings include:
- Placement in all applicable service categories
- Customizable travel packages
- A convenient log-in to manage your listing description, packages and photos
Who is eligible to get a listing:
- Yukon tourism businesses offering activities, attractions, transportation, accommodation, and/or dining.
- Non-government organizations featuring tourism products.
- Municipalities and Destination Marketing Organizations wishing to promote their destination.
- Yukon First Nations Governments featuring tourism products (e.g. cultural centres).
In order to be eligible, businesses and organizations must:
- Hold and maintain all applicable insurance, licenses, and permits, necessary to run the business.
- Be based in Yukon
- Be in good standing with Yukon Corporate Affairs and Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board (if applicable).
- Have a website or web presence that provides information on cancellation and payment policies.
Eligible Great Yukon Summer Packages
Eligible tourism package experiences, activities and services may include:
- Accommodations (e.g. hotels, bed and breakfasts, commercial RV parks, etc.);
- Transportation (e.g. airlines, vehicle rental companies, guided van tours, etc.);
- Visitor experiences (e.g. guided tours, cultural experiences, dining, etc.), and
- Visitor attractions (e.g. cultural centers, museums, etc.).
- Packages may not include retail items
- Businesses can work together, but one business must be the lead to facilitate the reservation/sale of the package and provide the client with one receipt for the entire package.
- Packages must be pre-approved and listed on Great Yukon Summer Freeze page to be eligible for the Yukoner Travel Rebate Program.
- Great Yukon Summer experiences must begin and end any time between June 4 and October 31, 2021.
- Great Yukon Summer Freeze experiences must start and end between November 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
- Great Yukon Summer Freeze experiences will be listed online as of October 22, 2021.
- Packages must be a minimum of $250 per person (excluding taxes).
- Yukon tourism businesses featuring packages for the Yukoner Travel Rebate will be eligible to apply for up to $2,000 to develop ads, campaign plans and/or marketing strategies.
To list your winter tourism package, please click here.
Please note that the process for submitting packages is being administered by our team at Aasman. To list your winter tourism package, please use the button below to complete the package form. Questions about the program, listings and packages can be sent to email@example.com
If you need help creating a package, contact our Tourism Development Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1(867)667-8723.
If you would like access to the Great Yukon Summer Freeze logo for marketing purposes, please send an email to email@example.com.
Funding can be accessed to develop campaign strategy, advertisements, and media purchase planning through the Great Yukon Summer Campaign Development Program. Yukon tourism businesses are also encouraged to access the Tourism Cooperative Marketing Fund (TCMF) to place their ads.
If you would like access to the Great Yukon Summer logo for marketing purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.